[CentOS] How do downgrade mozilla ?

Tue May 29 11:06:26 UTC 2012
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/28/2012 09:34 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 05/28/2012 12:03 PM, Timothy Madden wrote:
>> Sorry to say this to everyone, but since I installed CentOS 6 a month ago
>> I found that both Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird crash big time
>> (meaning every day and even more than once a day) with a large INBOX or
>> newsgroup, or with many tabs open in the Firefox windows. I also keep my
>> work computer running over night usually, maybe this is also a factor.
> My thunderbird mailbox's size clocks in at just over 38GB, and I dont
> see this problem at all. My desktop has an uptime for just under 7
> months ( yes, I know - older kernel is running, but the s/w updates are
> run every week )
>
> A better and more productive use of your time might be to try and
> workout what is causing the issue - its almost certainly going to be an
> external issue, and not tbird for ffox themselves.

I can confirm that I am using the CentOS version of Thunderbird on
CentOS-6.2 to read the CentOS mailing list and my CentOS folder (where I
put only centos mailing list e-mails) contains 126366 messages and it
works fine.

My overall mailbox size is 8.1G and I have no issues at all with
Thunderbird.

I reboot after every kernel or when I travel since my desktop is a Dell
M4500 Mobile Workstation (laptop), so no 6-7 months uptime on this thing :D