[CentOS] KVM with 6.2 i686 guest

Thu May 31 09:42:38 UTC 2012
Earl Ramirez <earlaramirez at gmail.com>

On 30 May 2012 21:14, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

> > Jerry,
> >
> > I believe that by default the network is down and the "BOOTPROTO=dhcp" is
> > not in the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethx. I encountered a
> > similar issue on a KVM guest with minimal install
> >
> Earl
>
> Was there something else missing also?
> I not added the BOOTPROTO="DHCP" and same issue happening.
> dmesg shows link up, service network restart shows OK and ifconfig
> shows no address.
>

> jerry

Jerry,

That was all I did on my KVM VM and ran ifup eth0 so that it will get the
IP address.

You can also try a static IP, which looks like this

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
IPADDR=192.168.122.100 NETMASK=255.255.255.0NETWORK=192.168.122.1

My KVM host is using the default connection, which is NAT
**

--
Kind Regards
Earl Ramirez