[CentOS] Upgrading PHP and PHP53 on CentOS5 - Progress/Problem w/ Squirrelmail

Thu May 3 23:21:54 UTC 2012
Jesus del Valle <yeysus at googlemail.com>

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 3:52 AM, Jesus del Valle <yeysus at googlemail.com>wrote:

> > Squirellmail provides an html email editor. With the upgrade to
>> PHP53, the editor continues to work. However, the html email that is
>> composed using this functionality is received empty.
>

> Hi Max. Testing squirrelmail with php53 (epel) from CentOS 5.8: I just
> installed the html editor plugin from squirrelmail (this one from 2005:
> http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=209), I activated it, however
> I don't see how I could test it,...

Hi Max. Confirmed: The 2005 html editor plugin for Squirrelmail works under
CentOS 5,8, php53 from the base (I think to remember some modules were from
epel) repository. The problem, at least one of them, seems to be that the
plugin does not recognize neither WebKit based browsers (iMac's Safari,
iPad's Safari, Win7-64 Chrome) nor Gecko-ones (Win7-64 Firefox). In my
Internet Explorer 9 it works, you can see immediately the wysiwyg buttons
from some fsck editor it brings, I was able to send a html mail with IE
that was recognized and displayed as such in Chrome. It seems to be there
is a workaround for those browsers as well:
http://old.nabble.com/HTML-Mail-Plugin-td28927479.html
Regards,
Jesus