[CentOS] Is EXT4 filesystem production ready in CenTOS 5.x series?

Tue May 8 05:45:58 UTC 2012
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 05/07/12 9:44 PM, Mail List wrote:
> We run CENTOS 5.8 in some of our servers. We would like to know whether EXT4 filesystem is ready for production use in CENTOS 5.8 OS?
>
> We couldn't find ext4 utility mkfs.ext4 in our CENTOS 5.8 servers.

I would only use ext4 with CentOS 6.  the kernel in 5.x is just too old.
   I've already migrated to using XFS for my larger file systems with
EL6, and just use ext4 for the system itself.