[CentOS] Allow updates but not upgrades

Thu May 10 06:55:41 UTC 2012
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 05/09/12 10:36 PM, Gregory Machin wrote:
> I have a requirement where I need machines to only upgrade to even
> numbered sub releases eg: 6.0 , 6.2, 6.4 and only on my approval.

thats a rather strange requirement.  6.1 is 6.0 with updates rolled up.

a more sane requirement would be to only allow pre-tested updates, which
you'd do by testing the updates on a staging machine, then posting them
to your own internal yum repository which your production machines would
update from.