[CentOS] Excluding ConsoleKit in kickstart

Tue May 15 03:22:44 UTC 2012
me at tdiehl.org <me at tdiehl.org>

On Tue, 15 May 2012, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm working on automating virtual machine installs using kickstart files
> and virt-install. The problem I have is that these kickstart installations
> install different packages than a minimal manual install. While I got rid
> of some of them I can't seem to prevent ConsoleKit from getting installed.
> I put "-ConsoleKit" in the packages section and later also added packages
> that require it but in the end it is still getting installed.
> Any ideas what I could do to stop it from being installed?

You have to find the package that is pulling it in as a dependency and
exclude that. What I would try first is to do a yum erase ConsoleKit and
see what else it wants to erase. Then exclude those packages as well.

I tried this on a headless machine I have running and got the following
results:

Removing:
  ConsoleKit                 x86_64      0.4.1-3.el6              @anaconda-CentOS-201112102333.x86_64/6.2   263 k
Removing for dependencies:
  hal                        x86_64      0.5.14-11.el6            @anaconda-CentOS-201112102333.x86_64/6.2   1.2 M
  hal-info                   noarch      20090716-3.1.el6         @anaconda-CentOS-201112102333.x86_64/6.2   310 k
  pm-utils                   x86_64      1.2.5-9.el6              @anaconda-CentOS-201112102333.x86_64/6.2   254 k
  polkit                     x86_64      0.96-2.el6_0.1           @anaconda-CentOS-201112102333.x86_64/6.2   601 k

While you might be able to run without polkit and pm-utils, I suspect that
you most likely want the hal packages.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Tom			me at tdiehl.org		Spamtrap address	 		me123 at tdiehl.org