[CentOS] Sendmail problem - baffled

Tue May 15 21:19:55 UTC 2012
Jussi Hirvi <listmember at greenspot.fi>

On 15.5.2012 23.54, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> What is the content of the submit.mc? Your previous log snipplet showed
>
>> >  May 15 22:21:41 mx2 sm-mta-rx[8674]: q4FIhPij007483: makeconnection

> So there must be "sm-mta-rx" be defined somewhere.

Yes. In a dual sendmail setup there are two instances of sendmail. The
receiving one ("rx") dumps all email to amavis (TCP 10024), and then
amavis hauls everything back again to the other instance ("tx") (using
TCP 10025), which sends it away over net or piles it up in local mailboxes.

My conf for the "rx" instance is probably not important, as the "rx"
instance does not actually contact anything outside localhost. The
submit conf is for mail submission, so it is probably not used here.

- Jussi