[CentOS] Sendmail problem - baffled

Wed May 16 01:56:39 UTC 2012
Jussi Hirvi <listmember at greenspot.fi>

On 16.5.2012 2.42, Jussi Hirvi wrote:
> Now I just have to fix the sendmail ("rx" instance) config so that it
> really sends the email to localhost (where amavis is listening), instead
> of trying to send directly to the final destination.

Ok, I found it, and it is *so* obvious. Still it took me hours to find it.

I had this in my config for the "rx" instance of sendmail.

FEATURE(`mailertable', `hash /etc/mail/mailertable.db')

And my mailertable contained static routing for all domains that are
local to our primary mail server. Example:

greenspot.fi    esmtp:[mail.greenspot.fi]

So sendmail was only following orders. Solution: comment out the
mailertable line from the sendmail config.

Thanks to everyone, and especially to Alexander for reading so carefully
my emails and giving the breakthrough tip. I love you!

- Jussi
4.55 AM local time