[CentOS] [OT] Cannot boot into GUI after Video Driver is Installed

Mon May 21 14:06:57 UTC 2012

Earl Ramirez wrote:
> Good Day,
>
> I am not 100% certain if here is the right place to bring this up, however
> if this is the wrong place for this please redirect me to right place.
>
> A few weeks ago I was trying to install KVM on my laptop, I bought a new
> laptop and immediately after I install the nVidia drivers I receive the
> following error "libfcoe_device_notification: NETDEV_UNREGISTER lo"
>
> I spent several hours googling the error and there are several issues,
> however none of them are related to my situation.
>
> I am running CentOS 6.2
<snip>
You say that you deleted xorg.conf, and could then boot into runlevel 5
using the default drivers. If you do an lsmod, does it show nouveau?

Second question: does the version of kmod-nvidia support your graphics card?

Oh, and did you yum install it, so that you got nvidia-x11-drv?

        mark, who just noticed that he's got that, *and*
nvidia-x11-drv-32bit,
                 on his x86_64 system for some reason....