[CentOS] Upgrading FC2 to CentOS 5.* - anyone second this?

Wed May 30 17:02:47 UTC 2012

Max Pyziur wrote:
>> Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Max Pyziur <pyz at brama.com> wrote:
<snip>
> To clarify, the machine is a test/development box that also acts as a
> router to a DSL connection that (for the most part) replicates a
> co-located production machine that is currently running CentOS 5.8.
>
> Until recently, energies have been dedicated to other endeavors.
> Currently, efforts are being made to upgrade all relevant components to
> appropriate recent stable releases of OS's. In no way was an FC2 machine
> used in a production environment, and no effort was made to create that
> impression.

Ok. That *was* the impression you gave.
<snip>

>> So you're going to upgrate to FC3, 4 and 5 before going to CentOS?
>
> Possibly. Unless someone else can attest to their own experience and
> knowledge that it's generally ok to move from FC2 to CentOS 5.*. That was
> my point in starting this thread.

*sigh* I was being sarcastic. Doing all that work would be silly, esp.
with what would be needed to do so. Again, it would be *much* less work to
build a good box of 5.8, or maybe 6.2, and load and configure that.
<snip>
        mark