[CentOS] question for those who run mail servers

Thu May 31 14:30:01 UTC 2012
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

On 5/31/2012 10:20 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> I guarantee that those folks with too-"smart"-for-their-own-good phones
> will send directly from them. Having never looked at a header from an
> email sent via iPhone, I don't know - don't they have a legit mailserver
> as their gateway?
yea, that is what I think.
I feel this setting, once you permit authenticated users, should only be
dealing with badly
setup dns for an internet based mail server and not someone's home
computer or iphone.
at least, I think so.
Most of the issues I find on the net appear from pre-2009 era.
Gonna add it to end of smtpd restrictions and see if anything comes of it.
crossing fingers.