[CentOS] Add another one: the same sealert problem

Thu May 31 21:22:37 UTC 2012

Well, this is getting more and more unpleasant. Turned out my manager and
the other admin were also working on this. One of the times they restarted
*something*, or maybe my reinstall, took care of the first problem.

Now, however, we're seeing a ton of exceptions... and what's struck me is
that I'm *not* getting the normal output from sealert. For example,
sealert -v -l 42f9d4f6-6327-4030-b927-d17ab9f4f0d6
2012-05-31 16:52:13,387 [plugin.INFO] importing
/usr/share/setroubleshoot/plugins/__init__ as plugins
SELinux is preventing /bin/chmod from using the fowner capability.

I used the -v to try to get more; I'm not seeing the screenful that
usually has more useful info. Could something have been screwed up with
selinux, in some way? I know that the other admin installed something, but
that was via a ruby-on-rails utility, and shouldn't have looked at
anything, much less modified anything....

        mark