[CentOS] Multiple incremental DVD backup program?

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Thu Nov 1 14:15:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, 1 Nov 2012, Keith Roberts wrote:

> From: Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>
> Subject: [CentOS] Multiple incremental DVD backup program?
> I'm running C5.8 and want to backup a directory that is 6GB
> in size.
> Is there any Linux program for Centos to make this backup
> over 2 x 4.4GB DVD+R disks please?
> Something with a GUI like K3b would do nicely.

OK I have found dar in EPEL

and a gui for it called dargui

I have downloaded the 0.7.0 linux version, and run the
./install.sh script, and it has installed itself on
Centos 5.8 32bit and runs nicely.

What would be handy is to be able to make my overnight
directory backups into slices, so they are ready to burn to
DVD's whenever I want to.

Kind Regards,

TMDA [http://tmda.net]