[CentOS] SSHMenu (Gnome Applet) for CentOS 6

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Fri Nov 2 07:41:35 UTC 2012

On 02.11.2012 07:35, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> On 24/10/2012 12:43 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
>
>> So, does anyone know of a gnome-applet-sshmenu RPM package for el6
>> (or
>> can anyone provide one)? It should include SSHMenu v3.18.
>>
>> There is a package for FC15:
>>
>> ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/linux/releases/15/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/gnome-applet-sshmenu-3.18-3.fc15.noarch.rpm,
>> but I don't know if it can/should be used in CentOS 6.
>>
>> Notes:
>> sshmenu (v3.15) exists in EPEL for CentOS 5, but
>> gnome-applet-sshmenu
>> does not.
>> Both (v3.15) exist in Extras repo.
>> Neither exists in EPEL for Centos 6.
>
> Anyone? Can someone advise on how to find/create an el6 RPM for
> gnome-applet-sshmenu?
>
> SSHMenu is a real must on CentOS 6 Gnome desktop.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

Hello Nick,

I've tried building this rpm for Centos a while ago and gave up in
frustration, it depends on a sh*tload of ruby stuff, pardon me saying.
Try to see if there are RPMs for Fedora 12, these could work, but you'd
have to install all deps by hand which can result in some mess, so use
at your own risk.

Nux!
www.nux.ro