[CentOS] Desktop Switcher

Earl Ramirez earlaramirez at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 08:15:46 UTC 2012

On 3 November 2012 14:09, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 11/02/12 8:51 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> > Does CentOS have a desk top switcher similar to what you find on Fedora?
> >
> > A friend of mine want's to be able to switch between desktops.  I've
> > only got Gnome installed on my machine so I don't switch.  A search of
> > Google turns up reference to CentOS 4 for desktop switcher but I don't
> > see anything for CentOS 6.3.
> its built into gnome, you can enable as many virtual desktops as you
> like, and move windows onto any of them.    they should up as little
> boxes to the right end of the bottom toolbar (taskbar?). I forget if it
> comes up with 1 or 2 configured.
>
> I forget offhand how you configure them, but its not hard to find.
>

> --
> john r pierce                            N 37, W 122
> santa cruz ca                         mid-left coast

You can enable it via Desktop Effects, it is located under System |
Preferences | Desktop Effects. I believe it only works with 3D graphics
card which is pretty much standard these days, however if you are using
NVIDIA Optimus cards with bumblebee installed you will only get two
compared to four desktop/workspace.

--
Kind Regards
Earl Ramirez