[CentOS] Migrate to Linux Server

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Nov 4 17:28:41 UTC 2012

On 11/04/2012 12:23 PM, Ashkan Rahmani wrote:
> Hi,
> In our company we have a DL380 ( 16gb ram) server with Windows server 2003
> x86, this run only tomcat 6.
> We have 2 options: a) upgrade to windows 2008 x64 and b) migrate to Linux (
> I mean centos 6 x64).
> I want to make some benchmarks.
>
> Please help me to compare a and b.
> How I can make this benchmark?

That's an extremely vague question. You need to explain what you are
using your servers for, what performance issues you are worried about
and so on.

In general though, performance is only one of many concerns you need to
think about when deciding which OS to use. Do the program you need
exist? How stable and tested are they? Is cost your main motivator? If
so, have you factored in time needed to learn a new platform? How
important is community and paid support?

--
Digimer
access to education?