[CentOS] any reliable HTTPS/SFTP based FTP software on Linux?

Leon Fauster leonfauster at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 5 17:14:25 UTC 2012

Am 05.11.2012 um 18:04 schrieb Gelen James:
> Thanks a lot for input.
>
> The reason why we tested Serv-U, Axway ST, and other similar products for file transfer is for consolidation and security. We all known that Centos can provide SFTP for file in and file out with openssh, and Apache/HTTPS for distribution read only files. But our requirements are:
>
>  1, both file in and file out functions for both SFTP protocol (port 22) and apache/HTTPS (port 443).
>  2, an rich-feature client side program/applet inside popular browsers (IE, Firefix, etc), as our customers are not tech savvy.
>  3, an consolidated user account management system, each user can use both SFTP and HTTPS freely. a web based user management interface is perferred, though not required.
>
>  4, preliminary system-level and user-level file upload/download controls, file/directory access controls.
>

> Based on above, it seems difficult to use ProFTD, or Apache combination. But I may be completely wrong,
> your input here is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

reading such highlevel requirements leads me to think about a web application solution (only).

That means - service is provided securely only via https protocol - and the other requirements
are handled via corresponding web application (user management, access control, etc.) with full
support of common browsers.

What about  http://owncloud.org/ ? It has "cloud" in the name but is an ordinary php web
application with upload/download capabilities, user management, access control etc. so far as i known.

--
LF