[CentOS] apcupsd

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Tue Nov 6 21:56:20 UTC 2012

Anyone else around using apcupsd? I seem to be seeing a problem, and I'd
like someone to check me on it: I edit /etc/apcupsd/apccontrol to replace
the value of SHUTDOWN from /sbin/shutdown to /bin/false (we don't want 3
or 6 servers shutting down over a 2 second or so blip, which it really
wants to do).

What's happened is that a machine shut down the other day, and looking at
it, I found that the config file was set to the original code... and I
*KNOW*, for a fact, that I went through every single server that's
attached to a UPS many months ago, after something important shut down,
and fixed all of them.

So, it looks like an upgrade undid my change, rather than creating
apccontrol.rpmnew.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

      mark