[CentOS] LVM question during an upgrade

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Wed Nov 7 16:55:32 UTC 2012

Well, I'm upgrading a server from 5.8 to 6.3. Problem: someone built the
system with LVM. I see some few differences between /etc/lvm/lvm.conf and
the one from 6.3, and I'm trying to figure out what I can leave alone, and
what I need to set to that from the old version. For example, the old one
has preferred_names = [], and the new has a list.

Anyone have thoughts about whether I can just copy over the old? I do know
there are some new parameters (thin_*): do I need to add them?

      mark