[CentOS] Centos 6: Dell GX270 fails to power down (but reboots)

Rainer Traut tr.ml at gmx.de
Thu Nov 8 08:57:01 UTC 2012

Am 06.11.2012 15:41, schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
> Sorin Srbu wrote:
>> Behalf
>> Of Rainer Traut
>>
>>> Thx for all your answers, but latest Bios is installed (A07 from year
>>> 2006). The pc is has not crashed so far, except the poweroff thingy so
> I guess
>>> hw is ok. FWIW under C5 all was well.
>>
>> A wild shot; if you have physical access to the computer, could you please
>> open it up and check the capacitors, especially around the cpu?
>
> Here's another one: there's an option in the BIOS of some servers for
> "return to previous state" on loss of power. If that's there, you might
> try it the other way.
>
> I don't suppose the system's still under warranty....

No, no more warranty. :)
But good point as it behaves as if the system powers down and within a
second powers up again.
But in Bios there is only a "Auto Power On" where you can set a time on
weekdays/everydays when itself powers up. This is set to disabled.
There is no "previous state".
I willl open it up and look after the capacitors.