[CentOS] One screen disabled on login with NVIDIA TwinView

Toralf Lund toralf.lund at pgs.com
Fri Nov 16 08:48:18 UTC 2012

On 14/11/12 14:24, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> On 11/14/2012 12:38 PM, Toralf Lund wrote:
>> Does anyone else see this? Do you know if there is a way around it?
> I don't have your problem, but another one.
>
> I want my second monitor to be above the internal monitor by default.
>
> I solved that by adding
>
> 	Option "TwinViewOrientation" "Above"
>
> to the Device section of the xorg.conf file.
>
> Maybe you can google "xorg.conf twinview" and find the option to
> insert into xorg.conf that makes your external monitor the primary?
Hmmm. I've checked
ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/304.60/README/xconfigoptions.html,
but not really found anything that seems to be related to this. Also,
the problem is not really making the monitor the primary, but rather to
make sure it stays enabled. In a sense, it is a "disabled primary" once
I log in.

> BTW, for me there's a difference if I connect my second monitor via
> displayport or VGA: The monitor isn't recognized automatically if I
> use the VGA cable.
That would be an issue related to the "EDID" monitor info, I suppose.
But in my case, the monitor is recognised just fine, it's just that it's
switched off in the driver's internal config. Or that's what it looks
like, anyway.

- Toralf

> Mogens

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.