[CentOS] iSCSI Question

Steven Crothers steven.crothers at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 23:08:07 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Ian Pilcher <arequipeno at gmail.com> wrote:

> There's a reason that those proprietary vendors are able to charge big
> $$$ for this functionality.

That's the truth... I was hoping they were based off some open source
implementation of iSCSI somewhere.

I mean I could probably dedicate a single machine to run iSCSI and just
schedule downtime, but that's something I wanted to avoid.

I've been looking at something like Open-E, but it's active/passive with
what is essentially a DRBD link between them. Again, not ideal. Speaking of
which, why do people rely so much on DRBD for LAN deployments lately?
Everyone always seems to cheap out and setup
DRBD/Pacemaker/Heartbeat/*insert some HA software here* instead of using
proper clustered file systems. DRBD to me has always screamed WAN
replication. Maybe I just don't put enough value in it, who knows.

Anyway, back to my hunt for a way to implement my Ceph cluster on Windows
2008.