[CentOS] 'localyum' alias...

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Mon Nov 19 09:26:35 UTC 2012

On 07/23/2012 10:15 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Fabien Archambault
> <fabien.archambault at univ-amu.fr> wrote:
>> believe that using this alias is useless.
> But the removal of localinstall doesn´t mean an easy to remember alias
> wouldn´t be of use, it´d just mean that the syntax would change to
> alias localyum='yum --disablerepo=* ´
> ie
> localyum install /media/CentOS6/Packages/whatever.rpm

Little old thread, but needs answer for future reference.

"yum install <rpm>" works, and I think it worked/works on CentOS 5.x. I
stumbled on this while installing dependencies for packages I
recompiled. I was installing while in directories with rpm file and
using wildcards in yum install command.

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)
PL Computers