[CentOS] Yum update without internet connection

Steve Campbell

campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon Nov 19 14:05:53 UTC 2012

I usually use a "Desktop" option when installing a new machine. This
gives me all I need for an X session and then I add other packages or
grouplists on an as-needed basis.

I'm putting together a couple of machines that will not have network
connectivity until all packages are installed. Is there a way to run yum
to install packages/groups from the installation disk instead of from
one of the normal yum repositories? If so, is there a ever a problem
with packages on the second disk of the 2 disk installation DVDs?

Thanks,

steve campbell