[CentOS] Ruby rails rpm package

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 12:38:07 UTC 2012

On 11/20/2012 11:53 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Phil Dobbin <bukowskiscat at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 11/20/2012 08:39 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>  Somebody knows if exists some rpm package for ruby rails??
>> Normally, rubygems is the way to go to install Rails.
>> Cheers,
>>   Phil...
> Sure, but how can I update rubygems installed in one system??

$ gem update --system.

This is dependent on how you have your rubygems set up. You may have to
pass sudo to that command.

This all documented heavily on teh Interwebs. Try

I'd also recommend having a look at the Ruby Version Manager:

currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy, OS X Snow
Leopard & Ubuntu Precise & Quantal