[CentOS] jwhois requires lynx...

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Nov 22 10:24:18 UTC 2012

On 11/22/2012 09:55 AM, John Doe wrote:
> maybe lynx package should be a requirement of the whois package...?
>   $ whois ubiquity.io
>   [Querying http://www.io.io/cgi-bin/whois]
>   [HTTP: Unable to run web browser: /usr/bin/lynx: No such file or directory]

A few of the whois endpoints seem to be doing this now, I'm not sure if
thats really just an artistic extension of the whois proto; if I run
who's it should return data rather than run a browser to point me at a
webpage ( btw, you can set the BROWSER env var to send this elsewhere,
other than lynx )

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax