[CentOS] [OT] Playing mp4's on centos httpd

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Nov 28 01:25:29 UTC 2012

On 11/27/12 4:46 PM, James Pifer wrote:

>> > give VLC a try?   It usually plays almost anything.
>> >

> Thanks, but I need this to be seamless for my users.

ok, I read some more.  to use that Apache streaming plugin, which came
from here, http://h264.code-shop.com/trac  you need one of those flash
players listed near the bottom of that page embedded on your website.
looks like two of those 3 players at least are 'branded' if you use the
free ones, you get to pay if you want the fully customizable embedded
video player.   I'm unclear on the third (which is actually the first
one listed).   also that h.264 streamer is only free for noncommercial
uses, it must be licensed for business use.

as an example, to use the jwplayer, you'd need this html on your webpage...

<script type="text/javascript" src="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js"></script>
<script
type="text/javascript">jwplayer.key="YOUR_JWPLAYER_LICENSE_KEY";</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>
   jwplayer('player_3790').setup({
     file: "http://content.bitsontherun.com/videos/3XnJSIm4-kNspJqnJ.mp4",
     width: "480",
     height: "270",
     image: "http://content.bitsontherun.com/thumbs/3XnJSIm4-640.jpg",
   });
</script>

where those last two URL's are your site/path/filenames...