[CentOS] centos 6.3 live-cd no internet connection

Sorin Srbu (IMAP) sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Fri Nov 30 08:52:35 UTC 2012

This could mean the live-install didn't recognize your network card.

Are we talking wireless or wired connections now?

So far I haven't seen a wired network card *not* being recognized
out-of-the-box. Wireless card are a different matter, although it might've
become better in CentOS 6.

> What would this mean..
>   plain vanilla install

A regular standard install with no extra bells or whistles.

> Clean re-install would be no problem for me to get this going.
>   I spend a lot of bandwidth (live-cd, netinstall, DVD1, DVD2) and time
> until now.

You know, if we're talking wifi-networking on your computer, CentOS might
not be the best choice (please List, forgive me for saying this..). You
might be better off using something like Linux Mint instead.