[CentOS] disk device lvm iscsi questions ....

Tue Nov 6 10:14:44 UTC 2012
Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de>

Hi,

I have an iscsistorage which I attached to a new centos 6.3 server. I
added logic volumes as usual, the block devices (sdb & sdc) showed up in
dmesg; I can mount and access the stored files.

Now we did an firmware software update to that storage (while
unmounted/detached from the fileserver) and after reboot of the storage
and reatache the iscsi nodes I do get new devices. (sdd & sde)

The last time I remember a simple vgchange -ay changed all neede
settings so that I can mount and use the volumes as expected.

But this time I do get an IO error like

  /dev/sun7110to_dali_LUN_3/lvol0: read failed after 0 of 4096 at
1610608476160: Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler

but also:

  1 logical volume(s) in volume group "sun7110to_dali_LUN_3" now active

What might be messed up? What can I try do get the storage/filesystems
back online?

	Thanks for any sugesstion and regards . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator - Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH