[CentOS] [OT] Playing mp4's on centos httpd

Wed Nov 28 00:04:30 UTC 2012
James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com>

Sorry for the off topic, but hoping someone here can point me in a
direction and end my endless googling... I have some mp4 training videos
that our users need to be able to download or stream directly to their
browser.

I have the h.264 module loaded on httpd on centos (using
http://swimminginthought.com/streaming-mp4-video-webserver-solved/#).

So I think I have most of the infrastructure in place, but I'm not sure
how to setup the streaming for all browsers. Do I need to embed some
type of player? Like a flash player? Do browsers, Firefox and IE,.
already have a player I can make use of?

Any help or direction here is appreciated.

Thanks,
James