[CentOS] CentOS and ActiveX

Thu Nov 1 14:00:09 UTC 2012
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Thursday, November 01, 2012 08:42:51 AM m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Only vaguely on topic, here: does anyone know how, in Firefox on CentOS
> (6.3), or if it's possible, to see and use ActiveX controls on a website?
> The calendar here at work has ActiveX controls, apparently, and I can't
> even see them, much less use them.

There is an 'IE Tab' extension for Firefox, but it requires the ability to run
the IE layout engine, which is what runs the ActiveX controls.  You need WINE
to run IE on Linux.  Crossover has historically been the recommended way to
get this working; you can run full-up IE on Linux using Crossover.
www.codeweavers.com