[CentOS] Multiple incremental DVD backup program?

Thu Nov 1 20:19:15 UTC 2012
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

On Thu, 1 Nov 2012, Les Mikesell wrote:

*snip*

> Just a knee-jerk reaction because I like it so well, but whenever
> anyone mentions backups I have to recommend backuppc.   If you have
> any other system that can work over the network (perhaps offsite via
> VPN) and hold copies on-line you might like it.  It is the kind of
> thing that you can set up once and it will take care of itself for
> years.   It can use rsync for the transport so after your initial copy
> you only need bandwidth for the changes.

That's something I might take a look at. What I want
to do is make backups that are on removable media, so they
are not dependant on a machine for their data safety. Once I
have burnt the backups to DVD they will be stored away then,
just in case I need them.

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net