[CentOS] How can I prevent apache from mounting all home directories?

Mon Nov 19 20:47:18 UTC 2012
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/19/12 12:37 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Ah, no. If it's running GUI, which none of our servers are, it wants
> *everyone*  who isn't nologin mounted. Including people who've never been
> on that machine, nor will be.

as an aside...   while I don't use automounted home directories anymore,
when I did (on Solaris 10+ years ago), we mounted /home/$SERVER and the
user directories were /home/$SERVER/$USER .. on the server side, it was
/export/home/$USER, so $SERVER:/export/home would be mounted as
/home/$SERVER

this cuts WAY down on the number of nfs mounts