[CentOS] "upstream" Storage Server fully OSS?

Tue Nov 20 01:34:18 UTC 2012
Ted Miller <tedlists at sbcglobal.net>

On 11/19/2012 09:43 AM, Banyan He wrote:
 > What is this upstream you talk about? Do you have a website for it?
 > Kinda interest into this thing. Unfortunantely, I dont find it from
 > google.
 > ------------
 > Banyan He
 > Blog: http://www.rootong.com
 > Email: banyan at rootong.com

"upstream (noun)
     In free and open source projects, the upstream of a program or set of
programs is the project that develops those programs."

    From Fedora
    (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Staying_close_to_upstream_projects):

In general, when Centos folks refer to upstream in general terms, they are
talking about RedHat.  It often seems to be used in order to avoid too much
use of the Trademarked name that makes Centos possible.

If someone is talking about a specific program (say apache or MySQL) and
they refer to upstream, they are probably referring to the developers of
that specific program.

Ted Miller

P.S. I moved your top-post to the bottom of the email, in order to conform
with list protocol.  Learn to bottom-post.  It makes it easier for other
readers to follow a thread as it progresses.