[CentOS] centos 6.3, cron and mail script output

Mon Nov 26 06:41:33 UTC 2012
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 09:32:37AM +0300, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:

> Is there a special feature such as "it only mail if STDERR"?
> Because all the messages (rsync output + echo "foo") is to STDOUT.

Nope.  _ALL_ output, bother stdout and stderr, will be sent via mail to
the owner of the crontab or the address specified in the MAILTO
variable.

Please include the _full_ rsync command line.

							John
--
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of
a person or animal is at stake.  Society's punishments are small compared

-- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968), civil-rights leader