[CentOS] centos 6.3, cron and mail script output

Mon Nov 26 09:41:08 UTC 2012

On 11/26/2012 06:32 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> I have "MAILTO=root" in the file.
> If I make a CLI test to mail to root, all is working.
>
> Is there a special feature such as "it only mail if STDERR"?
> Because all the messages (rsync output + echo "foo") is to STDOUT.

You can send the stdout to a log file, which will prevent an email from
being sent on stdout contents. As long as you dont redirect stderr as
well, cron will continue to send you emails on errors reported there

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax