[CentOS] scary messages from autoconf

Tue Nov 27 01:23:42 UTC 2012
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/26/12 4:46 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:

>> >really?  the avr-gcc-4.5.x in EPEL for instance?
> So far as I am aware, only debian and its package-compatible
> relatives have an avr-gcc package that works.
> It was made from the same sources and patches used by Bingo.
> The off-the-shelf version fron the GNU guys does not work.
> What was the EPEL version made from?

all I know is what this says here...

http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/repoview/avr-gcc.html
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/repoview/avr-libc.html

saying "does not work" is not very helpful.   WHAT doesn't work? surely
the compiler compiles code and generates an AVR executable, is there
some specific feature or something thats missing?  that I can't tell you.