[CentOS] What's The Odds?

Tue Nov 27 18:03:45 UTC 2012
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> What's the odds of retaining the data in a software raid-1 array when
> falling back to CentOS 5.8 x86_64 from CentOS 6.3 x86_64? The array is
> made up of 2 - 1.5 TB hard disks.  The original array was defined under
> CentOS 5.3 x86_64, then CentOS 6.1 x86_64 was installed and over time
> upgraded to CentOS 6.3. I need to back-level to test some software not
> certified for CentOS/RHEL 6.

If you didn't do something like rebuild the raid array when you
installed CentOS 6.3, the raid array will just plain work.

I'm going to assume that the raid array is a separate data file system
from the operating system, i.e. the root file system is on a different
file system.  This makes things very easy.