[CentOS] centos 6.3 live-cd no internet connection

Thu Nov 29 21:49:45 UTC 2012

Johan Scheepers wrote:
> Good day,
>
> Installed Centos 6.3 live-cd. Looking good but  *  no internet
> connection * (wired dsl system).
>
> Other linux flavours do not seem to have this problem on my laptop and
> internet connection.
>
> Did a lot of google but not really advice that I could try.
>
> I would like to try Centos out but not able to proceed without connection.
>
> Kindly some detailed advice if possible.

When I was using dsl about two years ago, I had to run something - sorry,
not at home, so I can't look up what I did. Then there was the
WPA_supplicant, also. Maybe (and I hate to suggest it) you might try
NetworkManager.

    mark