[CentOS] v4l

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Mon Oct 1 18:58:03 UTC 2012

Hi, folks.

   Ever since we brought some of our servers up to 6.x, where the gspca
module comes with the kernel, instead of us building it, we've been
seeing problems. One system gives very strange loops - someone walks
through, then repeat a few times, then the next motion, etc. The
current problem is that one camera went out on a different server (it's
6.2, and I'm hoping to bring it up to 6.3 shortly, when the users give
me a maintenance window). I replaced it with another camera - these are
inexpensive webcams, USB 1.0 or 1.1. I started up motion a couple of
times, and it finally started. This was a few weeks ago; then, late
last week or over the weekend, it went out again, giving only a black
screen.

   Under 5.x, where we were building gspca from source a couple-three
years old, it worked fine.

   Anyone have ideas as to what I might try?

       mark