[CentOS] PHP version dilemma

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Fri Oct 5 17:45:26 UTC 2012

On 10/5/2012 10:10 AM, Luigi Rosa wrote:

Luigi -

I assume that after saving the php.ini I would

yum remove php

yum install php53

However, I am not sure what you mean by

and then install the php53 packages you previously had

I have been running PHP as it came with Centos 5.

Another question has to do with the GD library.  How can I tell
if it is installed *or* is it automatically part of php35?

Oh yes...if there is a problem with php35, are there any problems
in reinstalling php 5.1?

Many thanks

--
Ariste Software