[CentOS] Dovecot & pam issues (Resolved)

Mike Watson mikew at crucis.net
Mon Oct 8 13:02:47 EDT 2012

It's resolved. There's been many changes from Fedora 7 to RHEL 6/CentOS
6.3. One was a system authentication app. Dovecot was configured
correctly, but the app was set to kerebos (sp?). Once I made the app
match plaintext all worked.

I set up the Fedora web/mail server some years ago. It's been running
smoothly ever since except that user growth plus expanding the website
created a growing performance hit---hence the new, faster, larger box.

My learning curve is still steep discovering and understanding the
changes since Fedora 7.

   -- William Kershner