[CentOS] Routing issue

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Tue Oct 9 17:36:14 EDT 2012

On 09/27/2012 05:24 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 09/27/2012 06:36 AM, Steve Clark wrote:
>> I was trying to figure out what criteria to use to mark the connection.
>> FTP is such a
>> braindead application, using to channels and active and passive mode.
>> What really
>> needs to happen is someway to tell the kernel to recheck the routing
>> after SNAT.
> I'm mostly sure that if you mark the *connection* to the FTP server, the
> related data will follow its path.
> Again, multipath routing is complex, and Shorewall will do it properly.
>    At the very least, I recommend building a working configuration with
> Shorewall and then reading the rules that it compiles to understand why
> it handles routing the way that it does.

Steve, what you need is to send packages of particular stream via
particular ISP in situation where stupid load balancing will brake a
connection, send it via different ISP and thus change the clients IP.

Shorewall and it's Multi-ISP config is only thing you need for this to work.

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)
PL Computers
Serbia, Europe