[CentOS] Sending Email Via Telnet

John Reddy linuxpencil at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 16 14:30:02 UTC 2012

I got the first example from the postfix documentation here:
http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html
so I tried what I originally posted:
[root at mydomain ccc]# telnet 127.0.0.1 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
EHLO
MAIL FROM: me at gmail.com
RCPT TO: me at gmail.com
DATA
testing from server
.
^]

So I go to this page and get an example of how to do this:
http://www.freebsdwiki.net/index.php/SMTP,_testing_via_Telnet
and follow the example:

[root at mydomain john]# telnet 127.0.0.1 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
HELO justtesting