[CentOS] Doing a Centos mirror only via http

C. L. Martinez carlopmart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 18:38:21 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
>> Use lftp, not reposync.
>
> yeah, thats what I use.  my cron job looks like...
>
>      lftp -c 'open ftp://mirrors.kernel.org && lcd /export/mirror &&
> mirror --continue --verbose=1 -x ia64 -x s390 -x s390x -x alpha -x SRPMS
> centos'
>
> that gets all releases, but not s390 or alpna or itanium.  add -x 5\* to
> lose the 5.x stuff.
>
> oh, it appears I'm using ftp not http... I believe thats because I got
> inconsistent results with http when I switched source repos
>

> --

Ok, I am trying to use lftp but I receive a lot of messages like this:

x86_64: Getting files information (22%) [Waiting for response...]

or

"Delaying before reconnect"

 .. and after 8 hours, lftp had synced 4GiB ... very very very slowly
... My Internet connection is not the problem ( I can download DVD iso
images really fast) and the source server neither ( I have tried to
download CentOS 6.3 x86_64 iso image and the download was really fast)

Where can it be the problem??