[CentOS] Doing a Centos mirror only via http

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Oct 19 15:03:36 EDT 2012

On 10/19/12 11:38 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> Ok, I am trying to use lftp but I receive a lot of messages like this:
> x86_64: Getting files information (22%) [Waiting for response...]
> or
> "Delaying before reconnect"
>   .. and after 8 hours, lftp had synced 4GiB ... very very very slowly
> ... My Internet connection is not the problem ( I can download DVD iso
> images really fast) and the source server neither ( I have tried to
> download CentOS 6.3 x86_64 iso image and the download was really fast)
> Where can it be the problem??
I suspect its that there's many little files, and while your connection
may have a fast streaming speed, it could have a high latency?

the 'getting files information' part is basically doing a 'dir' over ftp.

try using lftp to get the .iso file and see how fast that runs, it
should be as fast as anything else.