[CentOS] r8712u wireless driver

David A. De Graaf dad at datix.us
Mon Oct 22 16:45:43 UTC 2012

Thanks Phil, for your quick and potentially helpful suggestion.
Unfortunately, the
kmod-compat-wireless-3.5.4-1.sn.el6.elrepo.x86_64.rpm
does not hand to me on a silver platter the r8712u driver module that
I'd hoped for.  The README file therein leads to tempting suggestions
on how to compile this module, particularly for the Raspberry Pi,
but I'm afraid that's way beyond my skill level, and I need to rely on
the yum install method.

If anyone else can offer suggestions on how the staging modules can be
brought to centos 6.3, I'd surely like to hear them.

--
        David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
        dad at datix.us         www.datix.us