[CentOS] CentOS 6 NFS mmap I/O bug?

Patrick Lists centos-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 22 22:15:44 UTC 2012

On 10/22/2012 11:31 PM, Tom McDonald wrote:
> I'm working with a company who is running into an issue occasionally
> with their app running CentOS 6 on an NFS mount.  The problem is
> essentially that, from a single CentOS 6 client, the client sometimes
> gets the wrong file size back from a stat() call.

Just a thought: could this be related to 32bit clients accessing a 64bit
NFS server? Recently there was some discussion about this on the list.
Iirc the solution was to use 32bit inodes on the NFS server. Search the
list for "Mount options for NFS" posted on Oct 9. Here's a comment by
James Person:

"I would suspect the inode64 option is the problem. We had similar
issues running 32 bit apps on a 64 bit clients accessing 'large' NFS
servers (non-Linux NFS servers) - the 'fix' was to make sure the file
systems were exported/mounted with 32 bit inode compatibility. I believe
in our case the 32 bit apps in question were not compiled with large
file support (they are/were 3rd party apps). I think if they were
compiled with large file support, then they would work OK."

Regards,
Patrick