[CentOS] SSSD configuration

Tomas Brandysky brandysky at i3.cz
Wed Oct 24 09:52:18 EDT 2012

we're upgrading from Centos 5.8 to Centos 6.3 and have realized few
things have changed in the system.

We're using LDAP authentication (nss_ldap package) on our Centos 5.8
servers and have different PAM ldap configuration files configured to be
used for specific PAM services.

Here is the example of our setup:

 auth        sufficient    pam_ldap.so config=/etc/ldap_service1.conf

 auth        sufficient    pam_ldap.so config=/etc/ldap_service2.conf

Thus we can use specific LDAP filters for various different services as
not all users having access to one service also have access to other
services on the same server.

Now we're facing the problem to manage the same functionality with
System Security Services Daemon (SSSD) which was newly presented with

We didn't find out so far how to specify custom sssd configuration file
(or specific part of the configuration section/domain) in PAM service
configuration. According to documentation only these options can be
specified when using pam_sss module: [forward_pass] [use_first_pass]

None of them can be used to make a difference in a ldap filter to be used.

Is there a way how to configure specific search filters depending on PAM
service ?

Thank you for any suggestion

Tomas Brandysky