[CentOS] Completely automatic yum updating on Centos 6

Birta Levente blevi.linux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 08:15:48 UTC 2012

On 26/10/2012 01:19, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 21:19:24 +0100 (BST)
> Keith Roberts wrote:
>
>> What about doing a ssh root login to the box from far away,
>> and then running yum check-update, to see what the
>> consequences of updating the box could do before
>> commiting to the update first?
>
> As far as I know, while it will have a public IP address (I don't think it
> will be behind a NAT, though I could be wrong), it won't have a static address.
>
> So if I plan to log into it remotely, I'll have to have it report its current
> address to me on occasion.

You could set up cron job for check-updates and send the result in mail
to you.
In this mail you could send the server's IP address too (in mail header
appear anyway)
But server's address can change meantime, so you consider to report
current address when server is connect.
Depends how often connect-re-connect. :)